Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Favorite Things

These are a few of my favorite things right now (not in any particular order)...

Mark and his mom got me a Mr. Coffee Cafe Frappe maker for Christmas. I don't like coffee, but I really enjoy me a yummy frappe! Make a date with me...I'll brew you one, too!



This verse:
"The thief comes only to steal, kill and destroy. I have come that you might have life and have it to the full." John 10:10

My baby boy doesn't think he really needs naps anymore (I should clarify...fighting naps isn't my favorite thing, but result of it is...so read on). He is quite sure he is going to miss something while he's in dreamland and can climb out of his crib, even with his mattress on the lowest notch (it took over an hour for us to get him to stay in bed the other night). So, I've had to "trick" him into taking a nap lately. I have all the other kids find a book and a quiet spot, while I sit with him and read a book. He usually falls asleep in my lap, but even still he sometimes wakes up when I lay him in his crib...thus ensues another 30-45 minute escapade of getting him to sleep. In case you weren't aware, I don't have that much time to spend trying to get the kid to nap. The past couple of days I've taken him up to my bed with a couple books and he's fallen asleep there for an hour or two. I. LOVE. IT. I'm sure all the authors of baby books and perfect mom's out there would be shaking their fingers at me, but I don't care. I'll trade hours of wasted time trying to get him to nap the "right way" for little giggles, sweet kisses, snuggles and this:


Snow covered trees.


Having back my journaling/quiet/devotional time. Levi has (finally) pretty consistently been staying in bed until 6:30ish so I am able to get up at 6 and have some quiet time again. (I know what you're thinking and I agree...it is totally reediculous that the kid still wakes up multiple times during the night, is up at the crack of dawn, and still thinks he doesn't need a nap...try convincing him that, though!) Anyway, my days go so much better when I can get this time to myself and with God.

This song:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You get the mommy award of the year! With STILL fighting the sleep thing?!? Man, I would be one grouchy momma!...and by the way, my mouth is watering with the frappe picture!!!

Anonymous said...

how funny I was thinking of doing this exact same type of post! :)
-Beth H

Anonymous said...

honey...i love you...i love my wonderful son-in-law...my four little jewels...and i love that you are so real about life...it's challenges and God's constant care and guidance - xxoo, Mom

Anonymous said...

Val, How did God do it? How did He put such a lovely heart in such a beautiful girl and adore me enough to let me witness your life? Love you, sis. Love your passion, love your heart, (love the bag!) love everything! Oh, and can I make a date for a frap!!
Brooke