Wednesday, March 4, 2009

If you pray...

Well, I'm not sure how many people really read this blog, but if you do and you pray to the Almighty God that has the power to heal, I'm asking if you will please pray for Mark.

For those of you who don't know, about 5 years ago he started having some pretty serious back problems that lasted over a year. After trying therapy and injections for herniated and bulging discs in his lower back, he finally ended up having surgery about 3.5 years ago. Since then things have been mostly better, although, he still feels limited as to the types of physical activities he can participate in without pain or causing damage to a couple other discs that are "degenerated".

The past couple of days he has had pretty significant amounts of pain in his back and numbness down his leg, which is not a good sign. It's frustrating for both of us since he can't interact with the kids like he wants to, and I don't get as much help with everything around the house. He'd like to give it a week or two before we contact the Cleveland Clinic again. I know he doesn't want to go through this again, and questions why God would have him (one of the most athletic people I have ever met in my life) deal with this problem probably for the rest of his life.

I'm sad...and have my own questions for God about this.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Val, I will definitly pray for you guys! I'm so sorry to hear he's having back trouble again. You know I'm here for anything...anytime! Don't hesitate to ask! We have similiar struggles watching my Dad pass on some of his athletic adventures. It's so much a part of who he is, and hard to give up. So I understand "to a point". -Beth H

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying!

Ashlie said...

Praying for you guys!!

Danielle said...

I will pray, Val. Keep me posted.

Anonymous said...

God, I lift Mark up to you. I know that you are aware of his pain and I pray you would give the Hunters peace and answers. I pray for Mark's pain to subside. I pray for Valerie's energy in taking care of their kids and her husband. I pray that the stress this burden must cause would be lifted. God please work a miracle in their life. I love this family. They love you. Please bless and protect them. Amen

Jodi Cooper Wentz said...

I bet God can't wait to show you His power. Believing In Him, Jodi