Monday, March 9, 2009

Our life lately

Here's what's been going on in our life recently:

Apparently, having 1 husband and 4 kids to take care of and love on, and 32 history students to grade papers, answer questions and moniter pace for, means I can't blog (much less do anything else for myself) as often as I'd like to.

Even still, "someone" thought that I could use a little extra challenge in getting things done anyway, because I now have a sick baby who spends a majority of his waking hours attached to my hip.

Speaking of waking hours, the two year old in our house didn't get the memo that when you spring forward you're losing an hour of sleep. So, she decided she didn't need a nap yesterday and that 5:45 (still feelin' like 4:45 if you ask me) was a good time to wake up this morning.

We recently discovered that buying a 2003 Pontiac Montana wasn't the greatest idea on earth. I love that van(never thought those words would come out of my mouth...thought for sure I'd be an SUV mom)! I guess the engine that GM put into several of it's vehicles during a period of several years had a problem with gaskets and coolant leakage (whatever that really means), so at any random moment your engine can just "break". Probably an issue that warranted a recall, but it was too expensive for GM to do that. Instead, they recently settled a class action lawsuit over it. Would have been good to know that BEFORE last Saturday, when with no warning, a 1/4 mile from the house I started hearing this clanking noise coming from under the hood. I figured no biggie, I'm close, I'll make it home. Umm, I barely made it!! The van basically lost power and I coasted into the driveway. So, we're replacing the engine and the oil pump for somewhere around $2000. Awesome!

Out of that "catastrophe", we did discover that Ethan has a sweet and generous heart. I was feeling frustrated about the amount of money we were going to be putting into the van and explained to the kids what was wrong. Ethan said that he wanted to help by giving us some money out of his piggy bank. I told him we had enough money and I wasn't really worried about it, just a bit frustrated. He went up and got $5 out his bank and gave it to me. I assured him he should keep his money, that mommy and daddy would take care of it, but he wouldn't have any of it! He gave me a huge hug and broke into to tears because he wanted to help so badly!

Karis got another chapel award at school. This time it was for her diligence :O). I had to register her for kindergarten the other day. I thought maybe it would be a little easier the second time around. Not so much. Especially when the other people signing up at the same time as me were yelling at their kids and pulling them around by the neck, and the kid just continually disobeyed! As much as I hope our kids can be a Godly example, I know they weren't meant to save the world! This leads to a whole nother issue that God is weighing heavily on my heart and will have to be saved for another post!

Levi is officially walking. He is so stinkin' cute toddling around the house. I can't believe we are less than a month away from his first birthday!
Natalie finally has enough hair for pigtails. I started putting pigtails in Karis' hair shortly after her first birthday, so I've been waiting quite a while for Natalie's to grow long enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the pigtails...and the story of Ethan is adorable. I almost cried. I am thinking of you....sorry about all of the crazyness going on. Let me know if you need anything....Hugs....Amy

Ashlie said...

What a sweet little boy you have!!