Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Lord Must Have Known...

...I needed a break today. Somehow He performed a small miracle and allowed both Natalie and Levi to nap at the same time today! It makes me so jealous of you moms who get that break everyday...not really, but I can only imagine all of the wonderful things I will accomplish when this happens on a regular basis. I remember when Ethan and Karis (who both quit napping around the age of two!) started napping at the same time...it was like two hours of heaven on earth some days! Granted, I now have two older children who will require my attention during these breaks, but I still got sooo much done this afternoon! My house was "picked up" (notice I do not use the word clean, as that would require an insane investment of time around here) for a whole 12 minutes, I think! I even dusted my bedroom...and I can't remember the last time I did that!?!?

Funny story: Natalie heard a loud airplane fly over the house tonight while Mark was reading the bedtime Bible story. She turned into a nervous wreck and would not stop talking about this airplane in the sky and we needed to fix the house and it went bye-bye and on and on. It reminded me of the time when she accidentally turned the volume way up on the tv when she was about 9 months old. For weeks, she wouldn't even go in the living room alone and if I carried her in she clung to me like a quivering leaf! So sweet and innocent that these are the things they fear!

1 comment:

Ashlie said...

So glad you got that little break! Isn't amazing what you can get when the kids are snoozing?!