Monday, December 22, 2008

Sick baby = Tired Mama

We stayed healthy for so long, but I knew it was inevitable that someone would come down with something...especially since the holidays were approaching. I just wish it wasn't Levi. The boy doesn't sleep well as it is! Last week he ran a fever over 103 for three days. Of course, tylenol kept it lower than that most of the time, but he was pretty miserable...and still is. He's congested, raspy, and doesn't have much of an appetite...and he's up three to five times a night! I thought I'd be able to take advantage of Mark being on break and let him get up with him here and there, but Levi will have no part in that! The boy is living up to the meaning of his name, which means "attached". Part of me is eating that up and trying so hard to enjoy every minute that he just wants to be with me. The other part of me is so exhausted!

Amidst all of this, I feel like God is continuing to grow in some important areas. Lately I've been working so hard to reprioritize and be okay with imperfection (the key words here are "be okay"...I've always known I was imperfect, but I've hardly ever been okay with that fact!). That picture in my last post of the family room...that's pretty much what my entire house has looked like for the last few days. And I'm okay with that. And I'd still be okay with it if you came to my house and walked through my door and saw it...and I think I'm almost to the point where I wouldn't even make an excuse for it...

3 comments:

Ashlie said...

I hate it when Hannah is sick! I hope Levi feels better soon so that you can both get some sleep!!!

Mandy said...

I am so sorry Levi is sick and that you are lacking sleep, especially at this time of year.

I'm on the same journey as you as far embracing imperfection...but I think I have a little further to go than you do. I'm just starting the journey, so thanks for leading the way.

Stephanie said...

Val, I hope that Levi feels better soon and that you get some rest. :)

Thanks for sharing about your struggles with imperfection...it's encouraging to me, as I struggle in the same way...