Sunday, July 18, 2010

What I WOULD have blogged about...

It's official. I'm not a summertime blogger. We fill our days and weeks with too much activity for me to find time to blog! Summer moments are so fleeting when your kids are school-age (and go to school outside the home) that we try to make the most of every single one of them! If I were a diligent summer blogger, here are some things I might have written posts about, in no particular order:


*Our trip to Erie...cornhole, the beach, ice cream, haircuts, fishing, hikes, and lots of fun.

*Getting out of the boat and initiating a prayer group for parents in our public school district.

*Half-marathon training.

*Going back to Erie to say good-bye to my grandpa who passed away in June...and the sadness over the very distant relationship we had.

*How much I LOVE the book of Ecclesiastes.

*Hosting a Backyard Bible Club with some great helpers and lots of great kids from the neighborhood.

*Having a garage sale and letting go of all the baby stuff.

*Delivering food to, and praying with, some needy people in our community through our church's food ministry...great way to serve as a family.

*Forgotten God and seeing evidence of living more in the Spirit than in the flesh.

*Ethan and Karis competing in their first track meet.

*Bible study on Revelation and the minor prophets with some great girlfriends and getting to do my own book study on the book of Amos.

No comments: