Saturday, July 31, 2010

Gasp...Gulp...Splish...Splash...

That's the sound of me trying to keep my head above water for the next three months....

It all seems to start with Mark going away to Cross Country Camp, which happened this past week, and my first students enrolling, which happened Friday. I like some busyness for short periods of time, but, the past few years, the end of summer/beginning of the school year seems to have the potential to drown me.

Mark is coaching cross-country, I'll be getting 35ish online students off the ground {read: insane amounts of phone calls to be made/received, emails to be sent/received/responded to, questions to be answered, and papers to be graded} in their American History class, a family reunion trip, Ethan and Karis will be playing soccer {on separate teams}, MOPS steering team planning gets busy, and this year I'm leading a 2nd/3rd grade small group on Wednesday nights at church and running my half-marathon training. September is also Ethan's and Karis' birthdays and it's Ethan's turn to have a party this year. Throw in there all the typical things like school shopping, orientation nights, picking kids up from school, grocery shopping, laundry, packing lunches, and helping with homework and things are going to get a little crazy!

To help maintain sanity, I'm taking a break for Bible Study and Karis is taking a break from gymnastics. We had thought about sending Natalie to pre-school one day a week this year, but I think we'll hold off another year. I think I'll probably give up cleaning the house, too...it'll probably just be too much ;O)

I know we'll survive and have some fun amidst all the craziness...but if you see me going under....throw me a life preserver!!

1 comment:

ashlie said...

Good Luck Val!

PS...Love your new background :)