Monday, March 9, 2009

A fun afternoon

I've been itching to get some use out of the double jogger that a friend gave me. Mark started track practice today so he was going to be home later than usual, we needed to return books at the library and the sun was shining, so I figured today was as good a day as any! After Natalie's nap, I got the lasagna in the oven, set the delay time, had bread in the breadmaker, loaded the vehicle and off we went to the bike trail. Ethan and Karis did an awesome job sticking together and staying with me (usually they want to race each other all over) and I was able to run right along with them. I'm hoping this will be a regular occurance during track season...I'll still be able to get my runs in and they'll be able to spend some energy! And it was great to come home with arms full of books and to the house smelling like dinner :O).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your braver than me! I'm so done w/ the bike trail after Luke's accident! Please be careful!! Glad you were able to get out w/ all 4. That must have been rewarding to just be able to do it alone! -Beth

Mandy said...

Wait, can you take the bike trail to the library? If so I might just be more jealous than any one person should be. Glad you got to run. And I can't imagine how satisfying it must have been to return to a homecooked meal. Yum.

Valerie Hunter said...

Oh, Mandy, that would be so nice! I wish it was so, but the place where we get on the trail is only a minute from the library (across a busy road), so we drive!