Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pudding Painting and Clown Puppets

We had fun finger painting with chocolate pudding the other day. Just thought I'd share some of the pictures!

And today was Karis' day for Mommy and Me play. Since Natalie and Levi are both pretty sick, they both laid down and napped around 10:30 this morning. It's terrible, but it was so hard for me to give that time to Karis today as I looked around the house and saw the disaster that had developed while having two whiney and clingy babies for the past three days! I thought if I can just get some stuff done now while they are both down, maybe they'll take another nap this afternoon and I can "fit" Karis in then, knowing full well that the chances were slim that another double nap would happen. I started out gritting my teeth, but by the end of our time I was so glad that I pushed aside the mess, laundry, and dishes for some time with my girl. She's been saying she wanted to do a craft when it was her turn for play time, so she picked these cute paper cut out clowns. Of course when Ethan got home he had to make one too and, while I helped them, I made one for Natalie. We turned them into puppets and had a little fun!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too cute Val! Awesome job at choosing the kids. It's so hard to do that! I remember a time when I wanted to keep going with my cleaning spurt one day but thought that the weather was so nice out and should take some time with the kids. So I chose the kids!(I don't always) We went outside and went on a "nature" hike around our property. I remember going to bed that night and thinking about my day and picked that time as the hightlight of that day! When it's all said and done, those are the memories I cherish, not cleaning :)