Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What I love about my Love...

I love his eyes...the color and shape. I didn't really realize I loved the shape of them until Ethan came along and I realized they had the exact same eyes...and something about the shape of them is comforting and makes me want to smile.I love that we are his world and he lives his life to show that. He spends as little time as possible away from home. He has been asked to coach more sports, take better paying positions, or considered getting a summer job, but when he takes into consideration the fact it means more time away from us, he's always decided the money and/or recognition wasn't worth it. He's often invited to go out with some of the other guys from school on the weekends, but (even if I encourage him to once in a while) he never goes because it means another/longer day without help for me and too many hours away from the kids.

I love that he is patient with me. He is patient with me when I am forgetful and lose birth certificates or titles to vehicles. He is patient with me when I am a brat and get snippy with him. He is patient with me when his laundry doesn't get put away as quickly as it should.
I love that he helps me. He spends 8 hours a day with a hundred whiny, complaining, smart-mouthed teenagers, so I know he is just as exhausted as I am when he comes home. Yet, he will still help with dishes, laundry, baths, and bedtime. I think he might even vacuum more often than I do!

I love that I can leave him with four kids (even overnight) and have complete confidence that he can handle it...and that he won't complain about doing it or require anything in return.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could have wrote the exact same thing about Brian. Well...he doesn't spend his day with teens, but puts in a long work day. Mark and Brian would probably be good friends.