Monday, February 9, 2009

My Love...

I'm taking this week to give some lovin' to my hubby. I'm not really sure I'll find the time to post everyday, but I'm hoping I'll find a couple minutes to at least do something quick...even if I start in the morning and it takes me all day to finish! (Ummm...Is that weird after I just posted yesterday that people who blog everyday are crazy!?!)

Doing marriage has been much harder than I ever expected it would be since we've added baby #4. I don't think it's because we've added the fourth child, but more because of everything that has been on our plate since we've added our fourth. I've also had some serious attitude (probaby some horomonal, but mostly not!) issues that have gotten in the way of me being the wife I should be. So, I guess, I'm kind of renewing my efforts....examining my heart and my motives each day, rebuking Satan from targeting our marriage, and reminding myself of all the things I love about my man...

A couple memories that still make my heart beat a little faster:

Spending the weekend at his house with a couple other friends at the end of our freshman year. It was the first time I had ever really spent any time with him, and on the hour plus drive back to school we talked the whole way. I knew that day I was going to marry him, even though we didn't start dating until months later.

Our first kiss after homecoming our sophomore year of college. Ummm...I'm pretty sure when I got back to my floor in the dorm I was a few inches off the ground and I couldn't stop smiling.

Any track meet where I got to watch him compete. I loved watching him high jump, especially. Of course I enjoyed watching him do just about anything. I think sharing those events with each other, and supporting each after good and bad performances was seriously a huge intimacy builder!

Homecoming 1998 (sophomore year)

Baldwin Wallace Track Meet 2001 (Senior Year)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww cute pictures together! Good topic idea Val, I need to focus on remembering those moments too. We are so busy, honestly we don't even know what to say when we do get to date b/c it's been so long! I'm thankful for the years in school dating we have to fall back on. You look the same to me, Mark looks a bit different -Beth

Anonymous said...

These are great Val! :) Good idea for your blog this week!!!!

Anonymous said...

You guys look the same! I don't think you will ever age! Sweet blogs Val!