Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Laundry List

Okay, so I have a laundry list of things that I've wanted to blog about, but of course haven't had a chance to do so.

1. Thanks to all of you who prayed while we were sick. I think it's safe to say we are done with the flu and that I was spared...I put a lot of stock in the fact that that is because you prayed. Know that I am praying for all of you, as I know that there are several of you dealing with your own health, sleeping, baby issues, too.


2. I wanted to post a few pictures of Christmas. We really enjoyed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day before Mark got sick. Mark and I got everything wrapped and were in bed by 11:30 and the kids actually slept until about 8!


The kids before Christmas Eve service.


Ethan asked for three things: a Bible, an alarm clock, and Warioland for the Wii. Here he is opening his Bible.


Karis with her hairdresser set. We've had some fun giving each other some new "do's".


Natalie with her new baby. She loves to play "mommy".


Natalie helping Levi open his present.

3. Our Natalie girl turned 2 on Monday. I can hardly believe this. I remember Christmas two years ago wondering when the baby would come. We didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl, although I had a very strong feeling that she was a girl. Mark and I spent many long nights playing Tetris while sitting on exercise balls trying to bring on labor! I remember saying to him before bed on the 28th, "Don't get your hopes up, but I think my water is leaking". A few hours later we were on the way to the hospital. My actual labor was slow to get started, but it ended up that the doctor barely got there in time to catch her! She has been a bundle of sweetness and silliness from early on. I just love watching her personality develop. Her name means (born at) Christmas, and I pray that her personality will continue to grow into one that makes people want more of Christ in their lives.



4. I have this really amazing friend named Mandy who I have gotten know better through the blogging and Facebook world. She is a wonderfully creative and Godly mom of 4 who is on a journey similar to that of myself and many of you. God has inspired her to gather a community of moms to share in an online Lifegroup about how we can be more of what God wants us to be. Here is your invitation to join if you're interested. I'm excited about how this will help me as I seek to obey God in all things.

I guess that's all I have for tonight. So much more is milling around in my head as we start this new year, but my pillow is calling my name!

No comments: