Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Day

I wish it was easier to be a God-follower. I wish that making progress in one area of my life wasn't overshadowed by losing ground in another. I wish surrender came naturally. I wish my kids listened and obeyed. I wish a day of little frustrations didn't lead to an explosion of anger. I wish God's timing wasn't so different from what I would like it to be.

I'm thankful that God gives me a new day, full of His Grace. I'm thankful for opportunites to teach my kids about that Grace and the "messy" parts of human nature. I'm thankful that God is not silent...He answers a prayer from last week right in the midst of yesterday's screw-up.

I recently read an analogy about our life with God that I really liked. It compared that relationship to a sunrise. I'm sure you've witnessed a beautiful sunrise before (or even a sunset). What made it glorious and colorful? Usually it is the clouds. While clouds alone can be gloomy, they have the ability to magnify and display the beauty of the sun's light. Likewise, I'd like to see these issues and difficulties in my life not just as things that darken it, but things that have the ability to magnify the beauty of God's plan for my life and the brilliance of His amazing love for me.

2 comments:

Ashlie said...

What a beautiful analogy! I hope you have a wonderful day TODAY!!

Mandy said...

Sending you a little gift of music that reminds me of this post. This is a great post!