Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My heart will sing no other name

I'm listening to this song over and over this week.  I recently read in a book {sorry that I can't disclose which one at this point} about how our hearts are deceitful (Jeremiah 17:9)...that we should be careful not follow our hearts, but lead them instead. If I do not lead my heart, it will pursue whatever feels good at the moment.  There are moments that on it's own, it will choose to sing the name of Jesus, but there are too many others it will choose to sing the name of "me" {anger, selfishness, impatience, materialism}. I'm making an effort to call on the Holy Spirit to help me lead my heart in singing no other name, but Jesus.

If we get to sing earthly songs in Heaven {which I doubt we will}, I hope we sing this one...I imagine this has got be about as close as we can get here on earth to what worship will be like there. I need to get me to a Hillsong concert before I die!

{Sorry for the ads...YouTube didn't allow embedding with this video so I had to use Yahoo :O(}

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to the concert with you!!!

Valerie Hunter said...

I did some research...they are going to open up the Alive Festival in Mineral City (near New Philly) June 21st. Maybe we need to make this a Bible Study Ladies Night!?!? I don't think they do many US concerts, this might be our only chance...unless you want to go to Australia with me??