Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Sweet Baby is One!

Could he really have been this little only 365 days ago? I am having a really difficult time with this milestone. I thank the Lord for four beautiful, healthy babies and know that we are so blessed to have been given these lives to shepherd...I'm not sure I could ask for more. But I'm so not ready to believe that I'll never be pregnant again or ever hold my own tiny baby in my arms again. And it's really hitting me hard as we celebrate Levi's birthday.

Okay...wiping away the tears to celebrate this little guy's first year...


His most frequent facial expression is raising his eyebrows in curious sort of way. I love his chubby little thumbs...especially when they are pinching a cheerio. It's funny to watch him try new foods...he's a gagger...he even gagged on his cupcake tonight! In the moment it was hard, but I'm actually glad he wasn't the greatest sleeper for a while there...I got to spend a lot of quiet moments with him that I was afraid my fourth born wouldn't get. I call him my baby koala because he loves to hug around the neck and just hang out on my hip. He's really learning how to stand up for himself. He's a fast little stinker and he has a grip of steel...especially when he wants a wii control. I love hearing him laugh while being entertained by his brother and sisters. He toddles around the house like he's just one of the gang. I love his "car noise". I love that he is a bundle of sweetness wrapped in a boyish package.

2 comments:

Ashlie said...

Happy Birthday little one!! He is just precious Val!

Anonymous said...

Wow Val, can't believe it. Hallie is soon to follow next month.