Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Working through some things

On Sunday night Mark and I had a good, although a bit heated (at least for us), conversation about my inability to...how shall I say it...relax. This has been a problem for me for quite a while. I just got into a funk over the summer when I was taking classes, teaching classes, and caring for a family of six. Even with Mark home, it seemed that I could never accomplish enough. Things got better for a bit once my classes were over, but then MOPS, soccer, pre-k, kindergarten, cross country, and a ton of students happened. I had days where I think I was moments away from a nervous breakdown - no joke!

I just have such a hard time when I'm surrounded by chaos. If that's the case, why in the world did I have four kids!?!?! Chaos just happens. Piles of laundry a mile high, piles of clutter on the counter, toys EVERYWHERE, disorganized closets, emails that need answered, phone calls that need made...it never ends! That was Mark's point. It never ends. In my head I know it...but it is so hard for me to put it into action. I know this is what I signed up for when I asked God for this life...these kids. So I'm learning to deal with it rather than stress about it.

2 comments:

Keeper of the Zoo said...

Hope you don't mind - I found your blog through your facebook page. I can definitely relate to what you expressed in this post! Some days I feel like I'm just going to keel over from the craziness of it all. What a good reminder that it's important to relax NOW because if I wait for a good time it's never going to happen!

- Karen Pryor

Mandy said...

"I just have such a hard time when I'm surrounded by chaos."

This is me. Hoping to work on this in my year of imperfection