Friday, April 24, 2009

A long, but very good day

I dread this day every track season...the day of the Elgin Relays. Mark leaves at 7am and is lucky to be home by 11pm. That's a long day for 1 mama and 4 kids! Thankfully, though, they are 4 amazing kids and we had a good day!

We went to the park for a couple hours. Natalie loved all the big slides, but was scared of a teeny tiny bug! Ethan was all over his big brother responsibilities and took Levi down some slides. Karis was very helpful with our friends little girl, who follows Karis around like a shadow!

We enjoyed a big cookie treat when we got home and all the kids had some quiet/nap time for a bit. Ethan and Karis played outside all afternoon building a zoo for dinosaurs and animals with blocks and rocks...and cooling themselves down with the hose every so often.

After Natalie woke up from her nap we headed out to Target to get some warm weather attire...goodness gracious buying clothes and shoes for 4 kids is expensive!! Even when you are just buying a couple outfits for each of them! Karis and Ethan were excited to have a bit of a say in what they could pick out...of course Ethan picked out a Star Wars t-shirt (his new obsession) and Karis picked out a Hello Kitty t-shirt. I was glad to find some crocs that fit Levi's chubby feet. I stuffed his feet in a pair of Ethan's old sandals today and left marks! Natalie carried her new disney princess nighty all around the store and as I was helping Ethan try on a pair of sandals, she started taking her shirt off so she could put it on! Yep, my two year old was stripping down in the middle of Target.

We came home for a waffle/pancake dinner and bubble baths. It is fun to split them up boys and girls lately. Ethan and Levi are so cute sitting next to each other on the couch watching a Baby Praise movie. And Karis jumped right in to show Natalie how to wash her hair while I put away some laundry. And then they all 4 went to bed at the same time with no hassle (Levi surprised me cuz he's been fighting bed time lately, but I just laid him down and he stayed quiet!). Natalie and Levi played peek-a-boo for a couple minutes, but I didn't even have to make a single trip back upstairs!!! Thank you, sweet Jesus!

I'm off to fold some laundry, pick up a few toys, grade a paper or two, and then reward myself with a piece of turtle cheesecake...

1 comment:

Courtney said...

It's pretty awesome that you have a Karis and an Ethan too :). I think they are great names! I added your blog to my google reader because it seems like we might have some things in common :)