Friday, February 25, 2011

...and another!

Yes, another snow day.  It's actually Mark's second in a row.  Roads were icy yesterday morning and since a two-hour early dismissal was already scheduled due to parent/teacher conferences, they couldn't just delay and decided to close for the day. Today is day #10 for him.  I estimate he'll be in school until June 20th at this rate...but he did say there is talk of just adding 30 minutes to the school day for the last couple months of the school year, rather than make up all those days.  Sounds like a good plan to me, but at the rate teachers are being targeted by the politicians these day, I'm not gonna count on it actually happening.

Karis was scheduled to have oral surgery this morning at 8:30. When I got up at 5:45, I couldn't even see the neighbors house across the street. I knew that it was only supposed to get worse in the next couple of hours, so we decided to cancel the appointment.  The drive was about 45 minutes in good weather, and we it just wasn't worth it! Hopefully they'll find us a new appointment in the next couple of weeks.  

The plan for the day is to be thankful that we don't have to go anywhere and we have a nice warm house to play in {and hopefully the play will include happy kids}! I do have to say, though, that I love all the snow. You won't catch me complainin' about it until the middle of March :O).

In honor of our blizzard here are some pics of our beautiful snowbunnies from back in January {...you've already seen them, though, if you're on facebook}.  

No comments: