Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sleep is Overrated

So, we've been dealing with sleep issues again.

Issues as in...Levi just isn't interesting in participating in the activity.

I feel like possibly there is some systemic issue going on (alot of people have suggested allergies), but we just can't pinpoint anything. The other three kids spent the weekend with my parents and we thought it would be a good opportunity to let Levi cry it out...which he did most of Saturday night. Then it seemed that there was improvement from there. Tuesday night he slept from 9pm to 6am without waking up.

But yesterday he only took a 45 minute nap and tonight we are pulling another all-nighter. I've tried tylenol, orajel, gas drops, diet alterations, snacks, drinks, walking with him, laying down with him. He just doesn't want to sleep. Period.

I'm not quite sure how I can keep putting in 17 to 20 hour days with no break (since the other kids don't nap) on 3-4 hours of sleep.

Any suggestions??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have "Supernanny's" book. She suggests sitting outside the door or in the hall and just putting them back in bed, over and over and over again. Each night is supposed to get less and less. After a while they realize your not giving in. You can read my book if you want. I like her advice on TV.

-Beth H

Courtney said...

I just wanted to tell you something funny. You had mentioned to me at one point that we both have kids named Karis and Ethan. Well, we are pregnant with number three and it is a boy. We are currently thinking of names and one of the names that we are thinking of is Levi :). I just decided to come to your blog to see what your other 2 kids names are and laughed when I saw one's named Levi. So, we could potentially have 3 kids with the same name!