Thursday, February 4, 2010

I Am a Work in Progress

I am a work in progress. I see myself kind of like clay in the hands of a potter. The same artist who designed the universe is molding my life into a masterpiece.

Some days I find myself questioning why He seems to work so slowly. Other days I wonder how He's accomplished so much, while I've been so difficult to work with. Thankfully, He sees the finished project and continues to shape as He takes me through life.

Moving away from family and friends, two surprise pregnancies in the first 18 months of our marriage, my husband's back problems, our hard financial times, trying to achieve supermom status, sending our kids to public school.

Each experience shows me that my sculpter's hands never stop working . . . a little less worrying here, a little more trusting there . . . a little less anger there, a little more grace here . . . a little less busyness here, a little more peace there.

No comments: